We aim to preserve and enhance Watermeadow Lakes and Lodges for its beauty and peaceful environment for future generations to enjoy, and to maintain the viability of our land for a healthy local community.
Some of the things we do:
1. Insulate the lodges
2. Use low energy /LED bulbs where possible
3. Recycle print cartridges, glass, plastic, paper, cans and cardboard
4. Establish set aside areas for wildlife such as water voles and birds
Some of the things you can do to help during your stay:
1. Use our recycling facilities and try to avoid overly packaged goods
2. Switch off lights and T V when not using them
3. Turn heating down at night
4. Close doors and windows when heating is on
5. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to water saving initiatives
6. Enjoy the wildlife on the farm – badgers, hares, birds, deer, insects etc
7. Help us look after our landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths and cycle-ways responsibly.
8. Ensure you follow the Countryside Code
9. Leave the car behind for a day, take a walk round the village, cycle or use public transport
10. Bring your bicycle to explore the local countryside
11. Use the local pubs, restaurants and cafes and purchase local produce to help support local communities.